Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Sample of Khandro Rinpoche - Introduction to Milarepa Movie



I felt it would be appropriate to post on here this brief talk that Khandro Rinpoche gave - with no preparation whatsoever - when introducing in Berkeley, CA Part 1 of the movie about the most legendary saint in all of Vajrayana Buddhism, Milarepa.  Her 4-minute introduction to the movie also serves as an introduction to the Dharma as she has learned it.  I think even this short clip gives a taste of the power, humor, and confidence that Rinpoche has, which has led many people (myself included :)) to become her devoted students. 
I hope you enjoy it.

-JTR

PS - The movie itself is beautiful and moving, even for non-buddhists.  I'd highly recommend adding it to the NetFlix que. :)

1 comment:

Rinchen said...

Thanks for posting this clip. I've only recent become aware of JKR from a friend and am reading This Precious Life, but seeing her and hearing her is even more impressive.