Thursday, October 2, 2008

I know, I know - I owe, I owe

I still need to get some entries done before they go up.  Been busy with that job hunt thing.

In dharma news, the Milarepa Chorus is back.  After a long hiatus, the four core vajra sangha members came back together last night to sing some of the songs of Milarepa and other great Kagyu and Nyingma lamas.  These songs were introduced in the West by Khenpo Tsultrim Gyatso Rinpoche, and then translated and set to music by some of his students.  

Last night, we went through a bunch of songs, with me using my bass guitar for accompaniment.
(I didn't want to use an acoustic guitar: It would remind me of the travesty I was subjected to at Mt. St. Joes which is 'folk mass' :))

We were a little rough, but it sounded ok.  More on that later, IAGW.

-JTR

1 comment:

AmandaM said...

Glad to see a new entry.

Haven't heard the Milarepa chorus, but I LOVE the Shambala anthem.