Saturday, August 29, 2009

Update, say farewell to "Our Town"

Just a quick note. I should be at Lotus Garden for Khandro Rinpoche right now, but I got sick last week (cold/flu, something like that) and missed work, and decided taking an illness out to the land would not be a good karmic thing. So I am at home. I plan to go out to join the Retreat in progress Thursday morning. Other than that, just life - work has been busy, since we lost 2 people on our 6-person team. Everything else is kind of in statis - which is a rare and beautiful thing, really, and I knopw it will change.

In the meantime, a little musical offering : Iris Dement performing "Our Town" with "The Grey Ghost", Emmylou Harris, on harmony vocals.

I heard a Shambhala sangha member out in Colorado requested his son play this clip right before he left his home to go to hospice care to die. Haunting. And yes, this is the song from the very end of "Northern Exposure". That show is so intertwined with my life in the 90's, I can't watch that clip now w/o crying.

When I die, and/or if I ever end up going into long-term retreat, I'd like to listen to this and Sia's "Breathe Me" right before I go.

No comments: