Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Des Moines, here we are!

Ok teen gang. 
Melissa and I are now in Des Moines, IA.  I'm quickly checking job-hunt related emails and other stuff, before going back upstairs in Meli's cousin Jen's house.  We will chill here a few days.
257 Miles to Des Moines
We drove another 400 + miles today, stopping briefly in Farmer City, IL (I know - what a name) to get some shots of an abandoned railroad crossing I saw mentioned on  www.abandonedrailroads.com.  As I said before, I've always had a fascination with this stuff as long as I can remember.  





Tracks out of service

Here are some shots of that. Later, I will add some of the massive Black Forest Creppe we got at the Landmark Cafe in Galesburg, IL.  If you are in town, I highly recommend getting one. 
former crossing

We got to town, and I talked to SLS for a bit.  I'm glad to hear her blood pressure thing is not as serious as it first sounded.   

-JTR/ LWWD

No comments: