Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy Winter Solistice...having fun yet?

Quick note- I've been busy. My work has gotten interesting in a good-ish way. I am being converted to full-time staff after 2 months (it was supposed to take 6 months) and moving to give tech support to the Obama Administration on the new mega-improved Whitehouse.gov. This should be pretty secure. I need to pass a security clearance, which should be easy, as long as Tibetans aren't considered to be under suspicious by DHS. And of course, I haven't done any substances this century.
Hell, I don't remember the last time I even had a complete beer! :)

Only sucky thing about this job is it slashes my chance to do the whole Chenrezig Drubchen at TMC at the end of the month.
A "Drubchen" is a period of at least a week where people in a closed retreat will be doing one vajrayana dharma practice 24 hours a day the whole time. (This is by shifts, btw. No way anyone could stay up that whole time by themselves. :))
It's said that this kind of group practice situation allows VERY rapid maturation of practice - between the interdependence of merit of retreatants (which is a little "X-filesish") and, more logical, the more senior advanced practioners can model for newer ones how to do things properly, which helps everyone.

At this point, I am gonna be lucky to do 3 days consecutively. Poo.

No comments: