Saturday, August 2, 2008

A more low-key day

Howdy folks -
Nothing major to report today. Mostly hanging with Meli's family. My cousin-in-law showed me a few Mac tricks and installed some useful apps, which helped quite a bit. This was after a discussion about bad movies like "Zardoz" and "Armies of Darkness."
(If you can recite large portions of dialogue from that last film, you are probably a geek. :) That's a good thing, in my book.)

We went out for Mexican for lunch, got Melissa's cousin Jen onto Facebook (finally! - SLS, you are next :)), had a cook-out for dinner after naptime, and then watched some old "Even Stephven" bits from the Daily Show on-line.

I did get to do my usual opening practice routine, the Mindrolling Vajrasattva sadhana for Lucinda (since Khandro Rinpoche asked us to do that practice for Luci every 7 days after her death - I still have difficulty believing she's gone), and did my usual CHenrezig, Achi, and Protectors practice. (I plan to explain what "Achi and the Protectors" are in a later post.)

I also did some emailing with one of Khenchen Konchog Gyaltshen RInpoche's senior students about taking the next step in my Buddhist path. There are some additional commitments I have been thinking long and hard for a couple years about taking on, and after my 6 week retreat earlier this year, I think the time is drawing near. This is a "stay tuned" issue...

Anyway, it's been a long-ish day, and we've got to drive to Lincoln, Nebraska to visit Melissa's old college roommate Rose and her family.

Should be pretty good.

Fading into yesterday before tomorrow comes,
-JTR / LWWD

No comments: