Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Beef with Ohio

Ok, here's my problem with Ohio, It mostly about one former resident of the state who was SLS's roommate in law school. When she told me she was seeing somebody (after not dating as long as I'd known her, which I realized later was probably one of the dozens of reasons  I considered her 'safe' to get close to), I was more than a little worried.

I asked her roommate, who I'd met a few times and somewhat trusted, partially because as SLS had said, we were similar in many ways, who it was and what they were like, to make sure it wasn't some creep who would dick her over.

Her roommate, who turned out to BE her boyfriend for the next 8 years, strung me out for almost a month by saying SLS had become a lesbian. I was already emotionally conflicted enough already about my feelings for her - this little angle caused my even more pain. This was my best friend, AND I'd fallen in love with her, and didn't know THIS? What the #@$@ was wrong with me? What else about my life had I missed? Had I really noticed ANYTHING around me properly til now at all? Was I that totally unaware?

So, Ha, ha. Very #@$@# funny.

Admittedly, as an old Andy Kaufman fan, I have a tendency towards dark "So what if it hurts someone, it's funny!" activities, which I recognize are diametrically opposed to everything I am aimed to do by the Dharma.
(Melissa is always reminding me, when I say "Andy wantttssss to come out and plllllaaaaaayyyyyyy", "how does this line up with what your teachers have said?" Dammit, she's of course right. :))

If I were in his shoes, I can't say that I would not have done the same thing to me. So, I've let quite a bit of my grudge toward him go.

If I'm ever down in Florida (which may happen independent of SLS since there are several thriving Drikung Kagyu sanghas scattered throughout the state), though, it might be wise for him to stay out of my way. I'm not enlightened yet.

Ok, as Colbert would say, "Moving on, nation..."

No comments: